Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Keeping Calm... in the sewing room

While I'm still working on some wood goodies, I've also switched gears to the sewing room a bit. I NEED to be making M some shorts for under her dresses {and making her some dresses for that matter!} but I found this rock&roll, rockabilly fabric that was dying to be made into a ruffle butt diaper cover. :) So, yesterday I started that. Do you think a 4 year old is too old to wear ruffles on her butt? lol
Rough pic of item just laid out before sewing up. 
This one is way too small for M so it will be going in the shop later. Today I need to work on those shorts and some baby-bump bands for my daughter. We are just cutting off old tshirts/tanks for those but I need to hem the cut end. Easy but kinda time consuming since I don't have a walking foot and my machine likes to eat thin knit fabric. :?

Anyway, what have you all been crafting??
Head over to Frontier Dreams and hook up with Keep Calm & Craft on. Tell them I sent ya! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ruffles are most definitely appropriate four year old girlies! Followed you here from FrontierDreams. My craftiness led to a mama-made dress for BabySister due in early July. Come see! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/03/squirrelys-nutty-brown-owl-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! That dress is fabulous and I love the fabrics! :) Great job!
      {I tried to comment on your blog but it said comments were restricted to team members}

      Delete