Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Keep Calm & Craft On...

Well, I've been absent a few weeks but I'm back.
I managed to finish those fingerless gloves {just in time for spring!!} - but my nephews loved them. Whew!

Yesterday I did something unusual - I cut out some squares from scrap fabric for a QUILT. I know right. A quilt yes. BUT I don't have any real plans for the squares. They were just scraps sitting there, you know begging to BE something. Only thing is instead of cutting them 2.5" square, I cut them 2.25" square. I know! I don't know what I was thinking. So maybe a baby doll quilt? :/
I don't have near enough for even a baby doll quilt but as I sew for Mady I'll get more scraps and those tiny squares will grow in number. Maybe I'm not made out to be a quilter - numbers vex me. lol.
Anyway... the gloves are from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts I think. I'll make sure and change that title if need be later.

This week it seems that SPRING has arrived! I'll try and enjoy it but I'm thinking it's going to be a hot & humid summer since we barely had winter. More time to stay in the air con and sew and stuff right? :)

Next week I think I might do a preview of some things that will be in the shop hopefully soon! As soon as I stop cutting tiny squares of fabric I don't know what to do with that is.


This post is linked to other lovely posts over at Keep Calm & Craft On hosted by Frontier Dreams.

1 comment: